Austin (Heating & Air Conditioning) Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We reserve the right to update this policy from time to time by updating this page; you should check back occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st January 2020.
What we collect
We may collect and process the following information about you, in running and maintaining our website :
- Information about your use of our website and details of your visits such as pages viewed and resources that you access. This information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you, for example, when you comment on a blog post or, should you register or sign up to any services with us, or make a purchase.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To provide information to you that you request relating to our services.
- To inform you of any changes to our website or services or to give you any information that we believe is in your best interest.
Disclosing your information
- Where we are legally required to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We may also store information about you using cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer or other access device) that we can access when you visit our site in future.
A cookie is a piece of information in the form of a very small text file that is placed on an internet user's hard drive. It is generated by a web page server; the computer that operates a web site. The server sets the information that the cookie contains and that server can use it whenever the user visits the site. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user's identification card, which tells a web site when the user has returned.
Cookies are small pieces of text. They are not computer programs, and they cannot be executed as code. Also, they cannot be used to disseminate viruses, and modern versions of browsers allow users to set their own limitations to the number of cookies saved on their hard drives.
Cookies are stored on the computer's hard drive. They cannot access the hard drive - so a cookie cannot read other information saved on the hard drive, or obtain a user's e-mail address etc. They only contain and transfer to the server as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to a certain web site.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. We use the following cookies for the purposes outlined below:
|These cookies allow us to count page visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site, using a service provided by Google Analytics||
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Some of these cookies are essential to make our website work and others help us to improve your user experience by giving us an insight into how the site is being used. Declining or blocking cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, ensure that you indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
The GDPR grants individuals eight rights over their personal data. Subject to certain conditions, all companies are required to facilitate these rights when requested to do so.
These rights are:
- The right to be informed;
- The right of access;
- The right to rectification;
- The right to erasure (known as “the right to be forgotten”);
- The right to restrict processing;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to object;
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making.
Should you wish to exercise any of the rights described above or are dissatisfied with the way we have used your information, please contact a Director at Austin (Heating & Air Conditioning) Ltd. Your request will be dealt with by a Director, or their nominee, in accordance with the GDPR requirements.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
For more information or for a full copy of our GDPR Policy and Procedures please contact us.